Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Official!!!

So it's official. In exactly 67 days from tomorrow I will be on my way to Zambia. For those of you who don't know...I am going as an adjunct professor to Harding's newest international program: Harding in Zambia or HIZ. My role is a new one so I am not sure of what I will be doing exactly. Though I will be helping Ross and Nita Cochran as well as one of my nursing professors, Janice Bingham. There are about 20 students going as well. I hope to spend most of my time in the orphanages. Many of you know that one of the reasons I am going is to see if long term mission work really is for me. I would like to ask for you to remember me in your prayers as I prepare to leave and especially while I am there. I will be there definitely until November 30. Upon my return, I will decide (let me rephrase that...) I plan on doing a lot of listening to see what God has in store for me next. It's a bit surreal but I have a strange sense of peace about whatever is next. For those of you know me well, you know I am a big planner. God clearly laughs at my plans because never in my wildest dreams would I imagine God would want to use me in Africa.

Sara Kathryn
Micah 6:8

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU, SK! This will be great! Stay there for awhile, and maybe we can join you soon. I need to brush up on my surgical skills, though...not much opportunity to do that on the psych ward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your #1 fan Sara Kathryn. You are such an inspiration. We will be following the blog, praying for all on the trip and missing you. I consider myself very fortunate to have been graced with your presence. SW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis,
    Your computer illiterate mom is trying to learn how to do this BEFORE you are too far away to help me. So here goes the first try at posting a message. I sure love you!

    ReplyDelete